Friday, November 30, 2012

for the journey of a lifetime **Flamingo Scraps**

For November, 4 Design Team members each received the following items for the Flamingo 4 Challenge

      1. Glimmer Mist (Clam Bake)
      2. assorted wood veneers  
      3. lacy trim
      4. an empty Maya Road tin
You can find Glimmer Mist, all sorts of veneers, beautiful trims and tins full of Maya Road goodies in the Flamingo Scraps store. Here is my take on the project.
 



When I saw the box size I knew it would be perfect as a standard size photo frame.  I found a fun picture of my hubby and I and glued it inside the box.  I then used the died ribbon and glued it all around the edge of the box, one to hold it together and second a pretty finish to the outside of the box.  I used the glimmer mist to die the ribbon and mixed the mist with various gelato colors to color the wood veneers.  I used two Prima flowers of complementary colors and the wood veneers to cover up the words Maya Road in the top left corner, hence why the cluster is there, and left the phrase “for the journey of a lifetime” as it fit the picture.  I then put magnets on the back and it became a magnetic photo frame to send my husband in Afghanistan.

Hop on over to Flamingo Scraps to see the other wonderful projects!

Enjoy!

Erin Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...