Thursday, March 21, 2013

"family" mini canvas **flamingo scraps**

For the march Flamingo 4 project we were given a 4x4 mini canvas, 4 acrylic people, a package of 6x6 paper, and a chipboard time piece. I looked at these items and pondered what to do, and as I saw the people I thought of family, so it took it from there.



I painted my mini canvas with a distressed look of paint colors (blue, green, yellow, white, and brown) with the same feel and tones as the papers I used, and them let it dry completely.



I took 4 sheets of paper from the stack and either ripped it, distressed with scissors, or used an edge punch.  I then used a blue distress ink to distress the paper further.  I layered the pages onto canvas like the above picture.

I used a green and a purple alcohol inks to color the people, making the adults more mottled looking by touching them more times with my felt dauber (as aren't all adults a little more crazy lol).

I used the same paint colors (the lighter ones) as the canvas, then used the blue distress ink over it when it dried to give it an even more distressed feel.


I then assembled the people and the watch onto the canvas (with zipdry glue), then added the family tag stickers and the twine.  I love this little mini canvas I now have a special place for it in my scrap room up on the wall.

Items used:
Paint
Zip dry adhesive
Stickers
Twine
Chipboard watch
Acrylic people
Mini canvas
6x6 paper pad

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...