Friday, July 26, 2013

explore this way **Flamingo Scraps**

This past April I got both boys a scooter, they LOVED them.  It is a bit of an investment, but some of the best money I have ever spent.  It took them all but 5 minutes to "learn" how to sue them well and then it was all about scooting every where we went.  At the park, down the street, at Grandma's house, in our house, to school, down the driveway, etc, etc, etc.  The boys scooted around until it just got to hot here in Texas to even be outside for longer than 10 minutes.  So in the pictures you can see my boys, Morgan in front in Orange and Brandon in the back, scooting down our sidewalks in front of our house as I sit in the front yard grass with Catherine enjoying a beautiful spring day.

The journaling says "Bruised hands, scraped knees, falling off, running into stuff, the wind in this face, laughter, and endless moments of fun with their first scooters.  They played until the heat of Texas summer set in, then they moved to scooting indoors in our hallways.  What fun these scooters have been in 2013."

I
I got to play with another fun set of items for the July Flamingo 4 from Flamingo Scraps.  We got wooden pieces from Pink Paislee, resist paper, a tag, and a plastic roll used for trims.




I used the resist paper as my background adding in mist of orange and teal to pop out the colors.  I then layered the cut of tops of the trim reel (painted with gesso and misted orange) along with some of the wooden parts and the journal tag under the pictures with a few added flowers.  I used the wooden words and arrow and misted them in the same teal color to match the paper.  I then wrote the journaling on the same teal color in cardstock to bring it all together.

Supplies Used
Cardstock - Bazzil
Patterned Paper
Punches - Martha Stewart and EK
Mist - Heidi Swapp and Clearsnap
Flowers - Prima
Pen - Recollections
Mediums - Ranger
Wood - Pink Paislee
Found items - other



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...