Thursday, January 2, 2014

Floral Hair Bow Holder **Flamingo Scraps**

Now that my daughter's hair is getting longer and she is collecting bows for her hair, I wanted to make something that would display her bows and also act as a decoration for her new room.  The room itself was already painted purple, so I took that idea and went with it.


Here you can see the holder without and bows hanging from it (picture below of it in her room hanging on the wall).  I added in tons of Prima flowers and Crystal flourishes to really make this stand out.  You can also see the Webser's ruffled bloomers trim at the top as the hanger.


I used heavy duty chipboard for the letters and the circle.  I glued the floral paper to the chipboard with crafters glue, then covered the everything with multi-medium matte by Claudine Hellmuth to seal everything in.  After it dried I took Prima chalk inks in similar colors and inked the edges of all the chipboard items.


Here you can see the holder and up on the wall in my daughter's room with the bows attached the to the hanging ribbon at the bottom.  I like this because I can see all the bows, plus it adds to the decor of the room.  The "C" stands for Catherine and the "R" is for Reed.


All around the edges of the circle I added in about 5 yards of various colors of tutu tulle by Maya Road.  I cut up the yards and layered them going around the circle giving it a dimensional effect.


You can find almost all of these supplies at Flamingo Scraps - so head on over and take a look!!
 
Enjoy!!

Supplies used:
Chipboard - Hobby Lobby
Paper - Fabscraps


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...