Sunday, May 4, 2014

pretty happy girl **Birds of a Feather Kit**

Back in January I was playing around with my daughter taking pictures at the park near our house.  She looked so cute in her little goodie sweater, so sweet and happy.  I played with the color a bit on the pictures and a mostly black and white looked perfect!!



I used the wonderful Birds of a Feather April kit with a monochromatic feel of teal and green and with black and white.  I did tons of texture with molding paste and stencils, tons, of mists in splatters, drips, sprays, and blobs and one of the mists was from the march kit!!.  I did the textures in two phases so I could layer on top of each other, some with the washi tape from the kit under the paste and some over it after it dried.  I then added in strips of the papers, flowers, circle cutouts from the papers, stickers, and sequins.


Here you can see up close how I layered up the papers and embellishments.  I even distressed the edge of the pictures and added in some ink to the distress portion of the picture. 

Supplies Used
Flowers - Prima
Mists - Ranger, Heidi Swapp, & Tattered Angels  
Ink - Ranger
Medium - Liquitex
Stencils - TCW
Straw - other
Tickets - IOD
Other paper - DCWV and BoBunny

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...