Sunday, November 6, 2016

EASY Watercolor Painting Masking Technique with Lauren Betancur

I got a chance to go to the Pinners Conference in Dallas this past summer.  While I was there I went to an amazing class to learn about watercolor paining, specifically about masking techniques with watercolors.  After the class I asked the instructor Lauren Betancur if I could use some of the footage of myself doing the technique in class for a video, she not only said yes but also gave the footage of her instructions from class to use in my video!!  Amazing!!!  So this is what I made and what Lauren taught us in class.
 
My version of the technique
I did my best to copy the technique from Lauren, defiantly a learning process!!

Lauren's Card
Check out how to do this fun technique here!!


A couple of things I learned from this technique
1) this is very easy!!
2) draw lightly with your pencil so it erases clean
3) do not use as much pencil next time
4) all designs look great!!

Here is Lauren's booth from the conference filled with so many more amazing pieces!!


She teaches classes up in the Dallas area, go check her out!!!


Supplies Used
Paper - Strathmore
Watercolor paint
Masking Fluid - Windsor & Newton
Pencil
Water
Tape
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...