Friday, January 27, 2017

Bold Geometry - Abstract Mixed Media Art **Tattered Angels & Canvas Corp & Beacon & Makin's Clay**

I had an itch to create something difference, something a little bit messy, something a little bit mixed media.  I love shapes, so I took a run at some color blocking, but I had to do it my way.  A little mist, paint, texture paper, cardboard, canvas, stencils, and more was just right for me!


I made this piece to be placed in the Tattered Angels section of the Canvas Corp Brands booth at Creativation 2017, formally CHA also knows now as AFCI.  Here is a video of how I made this piece.


All of this is held in place with various types of Beacon Adhesives including 3 in 1 Glue and Fast Finish Decoupage.


All the mists and paints are from Tattered Angels, and so are most of the mistable papers.  All of the other papers, textures sheets, burlap, and canvas are from Canvas Corp.


I even added in some air dry clay from Makin's Clay for some extra circle shapes!


I hope you enjoy my mixed media art fun!!  Here is my piece at the show!



Supplies Used
Cardboard - Wilton cake board
Paint Brushes
Cutters - Fiskars
Mediums - Prima
Stencils - Prima, TCW, Tim Holtz 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool project! I love the idea of layering the canvases on top for the 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...